April 7, 2013

One in Another


   I stepped in the shoes of another girl. Of a girl that had no shoes to begin with. Of a girl that I didn't know. I didn't know her name, nor did I know her life and what went on in it.
   I looked in a muddy little puddle that was on the side of an old dirt road.
   Of a road that had little patches of grass here and there. And when looking yonder you saw a small town with small people and small things. A small church steeple and a small field of veg that was most certainly not forgotten because it bursted with the bright red, orange, and yellow crops.
  When one looks in a puddle they look for their own face, but in my position I did nothing of the sort. I looked for the face of a girl that I didn't know. I looked for the face that was NOW mine even though I had no idea of what it looked like.
   The face, now mine, had beautiful curly blond hair that was cut short and mud stained. Large sapphire blue eyes looked straight at me. A small dainty nose stuck out of the face and the lips were the color of new roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey leave me a comment about what I write...