December 14, 2013

The House

   I walk into a home with a welcome mat on the front porch. The door is canvassed in modern holiday decor and the sent of fresh pine and spiced cinnamon cookies filled my nose with a warm joyful sent that raps my whole body in a delightful hug of comfort. I hear the Carol of the Bells ringing in the living room. The sizzle of cooking food hums in my ear. I sit down on the white leather couch admiring the space. I look up and see the brilliant chandler hanging in the middle of the large room.  It had three layers to it and dangling about one to two inches below each tier were little clear gold colored crystals that shown like yellow diamonds. Though you would think that if you tried to walk under the thing you would hit your head, but the ceiling was so high up that not even a giant could reach it. I looked at the floor and saw, instead of a normal dark mahogany hardwood flooring that you would expect to see in this manner of a home, a square tile patterning of pure ivory carpet and midnight African Blackwood. The walls were painted black and white, black being what you saw in front and in behind you when sitting on the couch and white at your sides. The ceiling was black sponge painted with white tips. You probably don't believe me when you read want I am writing right now, but this as true as the beating of both of our hearts right now as you read this. As I was saying though, in the middle of the room stood a small adman that looked like a stout little zebra painted in a rustic gold color with a striped blanket over the abdomen.
   As I admired the small figure in the room, I realized that there were more majestic rooms in this house. So I stood up and walked into the next room with great admiration. of the design of the room. The walls were covered in red climbing roses vines and that walls were painted a deep dark green that seemed to come for only the royalists of colors. The floors were covered in a beautiful grass green shag carpet. In the center of the room was a cherry oak dinning table with thorny, rose carvings. Surrounding the table were matching chairs...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey leave me a comment about what I write...